Growing asbestos & lead abatement company looking for EXPERIENCED technicians. Earn a $500 signing bonus after 30 days of employment. Earn between $23hr-$30/hr, plus benefits.
Abatement workers remove asbestos and lead containing building materials from residential and commercial structures, particularly older properties that are being renovated/demolished or are being repaired due to some sort of catastrophe (fire/water damage). The work involves cleaning and demolition activities while wearing personal protective equipment in a contained work environment.
ERI abatement workers and supervisors enjoy regular raises, quarterly and annual bonuses, and project specific bonuses. ERI is a family company with a positive work environment that heavily invests in its labor department.
Generally, Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 3:30PM (occasional weekends; approximately 1-2 Saturdays/month)
Daily tasks include:
- Traveling in company vehicle to one or two local job sites.
- Constructing containment areas prior to beginning abatement or decontamination work.
- Removing hazardous building materials from surfaces, structures, or equipment using hand or power tools.
- Cleaning work areas, tools and equipment.
- Loading or unloading materials or waste into containers or onto trucks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferred experience in in the building trades, especially demolition, HVAC, water mitigation, or mold remediation.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in confined areas in extreme temperatures.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work over prolonged periods.
- Ability to comprehend and follow the safety procedures required to handle asbestos-containing materials.
- Ability to work in safety clothing and respiratory equipment.
- Ability to use the tools, materials and equipment used in general construction work.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination as required by state and federal regulations at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a AHERA Asbestos Worker or Supervisor Certification or be certified within 14 days of appointment (set up and paid for by the company).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $30.00 /hour
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill out your profile on our website, careers section: