Property Damage Claims Adjuster
San Diego, CA 92123
Employer actively reviewed job 3 days ago
Apply Now Send inquires to email@example.com
$60,000 – $65,500 a year
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
Job Title: PD Claims Examiner
Shift: Full Time Exempt
Reports To: Claims Manager
To investigate, evaluate and negotiate to conclusion Personal auto and Commercial trucking physical and property damage claims. Investigation and negotiation completed by telephone and correspondence within company guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Workflow and Communication
- Make contact with insured and claimant within 24 hours of receipt of file.
- Determines type of claim line to be opened, establishes reserves and maintains reserves thru-out
- Takes recorded statements of all parties as needed.
- Handles liability determination and assessment of any comparative liability.
- Investigates and resolves coverage questions.
- Coordinates via outside appraisal services for inspection and determination of third-party damages.
- With approval, assigns field investigation tasks to independent vendors, and manages their efforts.
- Evaluates, negotiates and settles assigned claims within settlement authority.
- Send all necessary releases, checks, correspondence, proof of loss, etc. to claim resolution
- Maintains control of file and workflow through proper documentation and diary system.
- Represents the company and insured on those files where claimant attorney representation is involved.
- Handles calls and correspondences on the claim file to conclusion.
- Develops subrogation and salvage recovery issues and follows recovery procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Typing minimum 30-40 words per minute.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail.
- A Self-motivated team player.
- Punctual and conscientious about work hours and make timely requests for vacations and special leave.
- Accepts constructive feedback and makes sincere efforts to improve.
- Effective listener.
- Ability to follow and execute directions.
- Bilingual preferred
Education or Experience
College degree is preferred or appropriate prior work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000 – $65,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- One location
Send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org